What Really Grinds My Gears


You know what really grinds my gears?

Idiots in the supermarket who plunk their shopping carts down smack in the middle of the aisle so you can't get through.  Then they give you a dirty look when you say "excuse me".  Like I'm the one who is inconveniencing them.  Hey, I'm not the one taking up the whole damn aisle with one cart.

Also it's all those shoppers that get me pissed as well.  Aren't I a shopper?  No I am not.  I'm a buyer.  I had to explain this to one stupid Nig - I mean Black woman when I got fed up and just pushed her cart out of my way.  I told her I'm sick of shoppers getting in my way.  She asked me the difference between a shopper and a buyer.

A shopper comes in to the store, takes their time, looks at this item and that item (even if they have no intention of buying it), they price compare, and have a handful of coupons when they get to the register.

A buyer, like myself - and most men I bet - we go into the store, we know what we want, we get said items, we don't look at anything else, and we rarely use coupons.  In other words, we get in and get out as fast as possible.

The morons in the parking lot get to me as well.  Some of them sit in the middle of a lane waiting for someone to pull out even though there's an empty space ten spaces further up.  They'll sit there wasting time waiting for the person in the spot to get their groceries in the car, and maybe strap junior into the car seat, rather than walk a few extra feet.  Absolutely pathetic.  

I usually just drive past these cretins, park in the space further up, and those jerks are often still waiting while I'm walking past them into the store.  I often give them a sarcastic little finger wave to tell them that they are idiots for still sitting there while I may have walked a few feet further, but I'm almost in the store and they are still waiting.

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if I'm the only one out there who isn't an idiot.

That's what really grinds my gears this week.

Dan 88!

Comments

  1. The stores also put displays in the aisle to make it impossible to pass even if the aisle is wide enough for two shopping carts. People in the express lane with no money on their card to pay for their items holding the lane is another one. It's a trick to get some bleeding heart to go ahead and pay for their merchandise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good catch. I forgot those two. I also forgot the person in the 15 items or less checkout and they have 20 items. Oh, and the cheap ass who is agruing about the store not honoring a coupon for 25 cents. Once I was so aggravated I gave the lady a quarter and said, "Okay?! Here's a quarter. Now can I get the hell out of here?"

      She was actually quite nasty about it. She wanted 25 cents off an item and the store wouldn't do it and I gave her a quarter. Problem solved. She should have been grateful, not nasty. Some people.

      Dan 88!

      Delete

Post a Comment