What Really Grinds My Gears


You know what really grinds my gears?

How overly sensitive some people have become to racial jokes.

I remember when I was in Junior High School.  There was a book floating around called "The Official Polish Joke Book".


Half the kids in school carried one around and the school was well aware of it, but they didn't say a word about it or try and take them away because they saw nothing wrong with it - and I'm sure some of the staff were Polish.

Now before any Polish people get "offended", let me say this.   I'm half Irish and half German.  On an episode of "Family Guy", they went to Ireland.  The plane they were on landed in a sea of empty beer bottles and they went to a bar called "Wifey McBeaties".  I wasn't offended.  I wasn't even half offended.

When Brian and Stewie were in Munich, they took a guided tour and the tour guide skipped everything that happened between 1930 and 1945.  When Brian asked, "What happened between 1930 and 1945", the guide replied "Noting happened!  Nothing at all!  Sieg Heil!" and he gave the Nazi salute.  I laughed my guts out.

People need to develop a thicker skin and not be so damned sensitive.  People need to learn to laugh at themselves and stop looking for trouble where none exists.

That's what grinds my gears this week.

Dan 88!

Comments

  1. I quite agree, as a part Irish and German American myself. Liberal PC snowflakes are destroying our history, which if we do not know about, we are doomed to repeat our mistakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly. Plus people need to develop thicker skins and not take everything so personnally. Some people deliberately tell racial jokes to be offensive, but to most of us we're just having a good time, and it's okay, as long as we take it as well as we dish it out.

      Dan 88!

      Delete
  2. Insensitive jokes have been around forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And probably always will be. That's why we all need to develop thicker skins and laugh it off.

      Dan 88!

      Delete

Post a Comment