May Report


Folks, I want to start off by saying that before I switched to the new format, my daily visitors had dropped to an all time low.  I realized it was because my blog had become like a long running TV show:  It just wasn't as good as it was in the beginning.  Things get stale, outdated, and generally a lot of the same-old-same-old.

When this happens to a TV show, they either retool the show or cancel it.  I tried the former.  I switched to a more modern looking format, and I stopped basically doing the same old thing which was post an article and make a commentary.

Now I'm posting more pro-NS articles with little or no commentary at all.  I'm writing more of my own articles, and "What Really Grinds My Gears" every Wednesday.  FYI, I didn't orginally plan Wednesdays for "What Really Grinds My Gears", it just worked out that way.  And of course I still post jokes and humour on Sundays.   I still post some articles and comment on them of course.

It seems to have worked out well.  My daily visitors have basically tripled since the switch - especially Wednesdays.  I guess people like to read a good rant every week - especially if there's a joke or two thrown in.

I was seriously considering shutting this blog down, but I guess I was able to revitilize it and I will keep on going.

I also wanted to thank those extremely loyal readers who stuck with me all along and even helped me from time to time by sending me articles.  You all know who you are.

The new format probably will get stale too.   Unfortunately no one can stop good old entropy.  Then I will either make another change or shut things down.  I'll have to play that one by ear.  Oh, entropy basically means decay within a closed system.

Thanks again and y'all come back now, ya hear?!

Dan 88!

Comments

  1. what grinds my gears is that you did not do this sooner! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I needed a kick in the butt to motivate me. The day I saw my visitors were at only 15 I knew I had to do something. Yesterday there were 151. Pretty big difference I'd say. Sometimes I get over 200, but that's usually on Wednesdays!

      Dan 88!

      Delete

Post a Comment