What Really Grinds My Gears


You know what really grinds my gears?

It's people of colour that expect today's Whites to pay for the "sins of our fathers".

Sure, Aryans aren't perfect.  We've made some mistakes.  Slavery is possibly the biggest.  If we were really smart we would have left them in Africa where they belong instead of dragging them - against their will - to this country - we wouldn't be in this mess.  Now that slavery is illegal and Blacks are free, any problems we may have from them are basically OUR fault.  If only we had left them alone...

But we didn't.  But that doesn't alter the fact that it was our ancestors that are the guilty ones, not us.  We had nothing to do with it.  Indeed, many White families in this country today weren't even here when slavery ended.  For example, my dad's family didn't come here from Bavaria until 1874 - over ten years after the end of slavery.  My mom's family didn't get here until 1920.  And I assure you my family had nothing to do with it in the old country either.  My dad's family were simple dairymen, and my mom's family were Irish dirt farmers who stayed literally one step away from starvation until they came to the United States.

Sometimes in this life getting justice is simply not possible.  If the one who wronged you dies before making restitution or facing justice, then that's it.  He escaped justice in this world and his children shouldn't be made to take up the burden.  In this country it is illegal for a creditor to try and make a deceased person's children pay their parent's delinquent debts.

It's simply been too long.  Besides, not only are there no living Blacks who were slaves, the last Black person who had an ancestor who was alive when that slave was alive died in the 1980's.  If a Black person feels that justice was not done it's just been too long.  It's time to let it go.

Even IF the Holocaust happened, today's Germans ask, What have I done wrong?  Not only weren't my parents born during the Third Reich, but my grandparents were just children and couldn't be held responsible.

After a certain amount of time any wrong has to be let go.  When it comes to things like slavery, taking the Southwest from Mexico, or attempted genocide of the Native Americans, it's time to let go and move on.

But nooooo!  Some people just won't let go.  They harp on things that we had nothing to do with.  Frankly, I'm sick and tired of it, and now's my chance to publicly say it.  

I haven't done a damn thing and I'm not paying one cent in restitution.  If you have a beef about these things, take it up with my ancestors.  They are all dead?  Tough sh*t.  That means you're just SOL.

That's what grinds my gears this week.

Dan 88!


Comments