Special Announcement

Everyone, I wanted to make this announcement before White Heritage Month, but very close to it.

Just as some very fine TV shows run their course and get old, so do blogs.  Things get stale and repetitious, and the amount of visitors drops off.  That's what's been happening with Sense and Sensibility I'm sorry to say.  Oh well, I've had a good run.  As they say, all good things must come to an end.

When something like a blog or a TV show gets old, stale, and repetitious, there are two ways to handle it.  One is to cancel it.  The other is to retool it.  You give it a face lift, so to speak.  You make an old thing into something new.

I have decided to do the latter.  In the near future I'll be completely redesigning this blog including changing the format.  The format right now is basically I find an appropriate news story, post it, and make a commentary.  Although I'll still do that OCCASIONALLY, that will no longer be the standard format.

Let me stop and say that this change won't come until White Heritage Month.  The reason for this is two fold.  One, I don't want to mess with things immediately.  Secondly, I'd like to hear from my more loyal readers suggestions on what direction you'd like to see this blog take.  Just use the comments section.

As to changes I have in mind, I have not decided on whether to change the name or not.  If I do, it will depend on the direction things go here.  I'm also planning to give it a fresher look.  I won't be giving any hints as to what they might be.   However, I will give at least a week's warning before this happens.

Also, if I can work things out technically speaking, I don't see why I won't be able to continue to use the same URL as I have now.  If for any reason I have to change that as well, you'll be given plenty of notice.

I look forward to hearing some of your suggestions and advice.  If I have to take this blog down while I make these changes I will give you plenty of warning about that.  I don't want these changes seen piece meal.  I want everyone to see the finished result in its entirety.

Dan 88!

Comments

  1. I have a few suggestions:

    1. Buy a domain name. You can buy a domain name from go daddy at godaddy.com I think it's like $5 a year or something.

    2. The website looks too old. go daddy has a feature where you can design your website. It's called website builder. Also go daddy has wordpress hosting. You can get a wordpress site which is good for blogs.

    3. Consider expanding to social media. Just like the ANP has a twitter page, why don't you start one also. You can create a facebook page where you post your articles. Just be smart about it. Don't put a swastika or the word Nazi in the page. The neat feature about facebook is that it has advertising. You can advertise for as low as $5 a day with a blog post. Let me know if you like these suggestions 88!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually I do like your suggestions. I don't think I could be ready with Go Daddy by April 1. My dad is coming home from a nursing home to live with me in a couple of days and I'll be busy with him. I had some changes planned with Blogger. What I think I'll do is implement those changes on the first, and do Go Daddy as soon as I can.

      I understand about omitting the Swastika, but part of the purpose of my blogging is to get recruits for the ANP. If I don't associate my blog with the ANP, it won't bring in any recruits.

      Thanks for the input. I will definitely look in to it as soon as time permits. Remember my dad is coming to stay with me and until he settles in I may be quite busy. I've written several posts in advance in anticipation of this.

      Dan 88!

      Delete

Post a Comment