Who Says Men Aren't Sentimental?

The following story is absolutely true.  It's an article posted in an old newspaper.  I don't know which paper or when it was printed but it is definitely recent because of references to shopping malls and large crowds.  I think it was printed in Great Britain because the word pub is used and not bar and some of the ways they say and spell things sound British and not American.  Americans spell jewelers with one L while the British use two.

Dan 88!


A couple went Christmas shopping.  The mall was packed and as the wife walked about she was surprised to find her husband nowhere in sight.

She was quite upset because they had a lot to do and hence, she called him on her mobile phone to ask him where he got to.

In a quiet voice he said to her, "Love, do you remember  the jewellers we went into a few years ago where you fell in love with that diamond necklace and I said we couldn't afford it and I'd get it for you someday?"

The wife, choked up began to cry and said, "Yes, I remember that place!"

He replied, "Well, I'm having a pint in the pub next door!"

Comments