Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Tuesday, August 23, 2016
A militant splinter group on the French island of Corsica has warned Islamic State (IS, formerly ISIS/ISIL) that they will fight back if the terrorist group carries out an attack there, while urging Corsican Muslims to unite.
The FLNC October 22 group, a splinter from the main National Liberation Front of Corsica (FLNC) separatist organization, said in statement sent to Corse Matin [Corsica Morning], a local newspaper, that any terrorist acts carried out on Corsican soil would prompt “a determined response without any qualms,” while adding that the French government would be largely to blame if such an attack were to take place.
“The aim of the Salafists is clearly to install Isis policies here and we are prepared for it,” the group said.
“Your medieval philosophy does not frighten us,” they added, urging“calm in the face of barbarity” and calling on all “Muslims of Corsica”to reject radical Islam and inform the authorities about anyone who may be radicalized.
“If Islamic States takes actions on our soil, we will manage to defeat them only together” the group said.
The group also said that the French authorities would be guilty of not protecting the island enough, should an attack take place.
“If a tragedy were to happen it [the French government] would bear substantial share of responsibility because it knows who the radicals Islamists are in Corsica,” their statement read. They also urged the French government to cease their involvement in military interventions, so that they “don’t boomerang on its soil.”
IS militants have tried to target Corsica, but the group managed to thwart their plan, the Corsican militants claimed, though neither the French authorities nor police have reported that such an attack had been foiled.
Tensions have been running high in Corsica over the past several months.
In April, a Muslim prayer hall was burnt to the ground and Corsica was engulfed by anti-Arab demonstrations last Christmas in which local police were ambushed and attacked by protesters.
FLNC October 22 is an underground Corsican nationalist movement that emerged in 2002 following turmoil on Corsica in the 1990s, when the FLNC party (the Fronte di Liberazione Naziunale di a Corsica), which calls for the island’s independence, cracked into three groups – FLNC October 22, FLNC-UC, and FLNC-1976.
In 2012, members of FLNC October 22 were tried in Paris for a dozen bombings, including one that targeted government-owned buildings in the southern French city of Aix-en-Provence.
In 2013, two men who claimed to have links to FLNC October 22 were sentence to three and five years in prison for providing the group with technical and logistical support.
France has recently been rocked by a string of terrorist attacks claimed by Islamic State. These include a truck rampage in Nice on July 14, Bastille Day, when 85 people died and 303 more were injured, as well as this week’s slaughter in Rouen, where two militants broke into a church, cut throat of a priest, and took hostages.
Since those attacks, French intelligence services have faced harsh criticism for not watching known radicals and other security failings.
One of the militants who carried out the latest terrorist attack in Rouen had been arrested by police twice and was wearing an electronic bracelet that only allowed him to go outside for a couple of hours a day while he was awaiting trial. The other attacker was also being watched by the police, but this didn’t prevent the extremists from carrying out the massacre.
I love it when Whites fight back. It seems that some of us still have some balls. I only hope this group treads carefully. I'd hate to see them arrested by the liberal French government on the grounds of being terrorists themselves.
These people are trying to protect their homeland. If the enemy uses violence against them they are prepared to do the same. That makes them defenders, not terrorists. After all, if a thief takes your money and you track him down and take it back, that doesn't make you a thief.
I can't help but think that if the citizens of San Bernardino were armed, the terror attack here last January might have turned out totally different.
If we refuse to fight back in some way - even politically - then we have already lost.
Monday, August 22, 2016
By RUDY TAKALA (@RUDYTAKALA) • 8/16/16 11:58 PM
The Department of Commerce is set to hand off the final vestiges of American control over the Internet to international authorities in less than two months, officials have confirmed.
The department will finalize the transition effective Oct. 1, Assistant Secretary Lawrence Strickling wrote on Tuesday, barring what he called "any significant impediment."
The move means the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority, which is responsible for interpreting numerical addresses on the Web to a readable language, will move from U.S. control to the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, a multistakeholder body based in Los Angeles that includes countries such as China and Russia.
Critics of the move, most prominently Texas Republican Sen. Ted Cruz, have pointed out the agency could be used by totalitarian governments to shut down the Web around the globe, either in whole or in part.
"The proposal will significantly increase the power of foreign governments over the Internet, expand ICANN's historical core mission by creating a gateway to content regulation, and embolden [its] leadership to act without any real accountability," Cruz wrote in a letter sent to Commerce and signed by two fellow Republicans, Sen. James Lankford of Oklahoma and Sen. Mike Lee of Utah.
In the event any facilities are relocated to China, senators noted, they could go in the same building as the agency responsible for censoring that country's Internet. "We have uncovered that ICANN's Beijing office is actually located within the same building as the Cyberspace Administration of China, which is the central agency within the Chinese government's censorship regime," they wrote, noting that some of the American companies involved with the transition process have already "shown a willingness to acquiesce" to Chinese demands to aid with censorship.
"While this is certainly not illegal, it does raise significant concerns as to the increased influence that governments … as well as the culture of cronyism," they added.
In this age of increasing globalization, this was bound to happen sooner or later. I was hoping for later, but that was years ago. Now the time has come.
I'm sure the our government will "assure" us that we, as American citizens will not have anything on the internet censored as it is in other countries, but then again they said that health insurance rates for the middle class would not go up after Obamacare was implemented, and we all know that was a crock.
All is not lost. Hosting companies in America will still be able to host anyone who is willing to pay the fees. That means the ANP can still have a website regardless if it is banned worldwide. What good would it do if no one can access it because it is blocked? There are web browsers out there that can not only allow you to surf anonymously, but can get around these blocks. That's why this blog gets visitors from countries where NS is kept on a tight leash, and all NS symbols like the Swastika and the SS Runes are verboten. Germany for one. I often get visitors from Germany. Some of them could be with the German government monitoring us, but not all of them I'm sure.
This browser may become necessary for us in the future: https://www.torproject.org/
However, allowing foreigners to censor what the American public views online could backfire. This may be the thing to give the public the kick in the ass they need to get them pissed off enough to actually DO something. After all, Americans love the internet, and we don't like being told what we can and cannot access online.
Sunday, August 21, 2016
Saturday, August 20, 2016
By PAUL BEDARD (@SECRETSBEDARD) • 8/14/16 4:04 PM
Hillary Clinton's campaign on Sunday announced a program to recruit undocumented "Dreamers" into a voter registration army even though they are not allowed to vote.
Celebrating the four-year anniversary of President Obama's Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program, Clinton launched "Mi Sueno, Tu Voto" (My Dream, Your Vote), to rally and "secure commitments" from immigrants who can vote.
The DACA program created so-called "Dreamers," the children of illegal immigrants who the president has offered renewable two-year work visas and deportation deferral. The goal for many in the program is amnesty.
On Monday, the Democratic National Committee also heralded the DACA anniversary and said that Clinton will go further than Obama as president. "Hillary Clinton is committed to introducing immigration reform with a pathway to citizenship within her first 100 days in office and she will continue defending DACA and DAPA from partisan attacks," said the DNC.
"We may not have the right to vote, but 'Mi Sueno, Tu Voto' will help ensure that our stories are heard and it will send a clear signal to Donald Trump that we cannot be silenced," said Astrid Silva, Nevada Dreamer and immigrant rights activist.
The fact that the name of this "program" is officially in Spanish with an English translation rather than in English with a Spanish translation is a spit in the face to every single native born American.
This proves just how things will be under Hillary Clinton. Eventually all public notices will read like this:
Mi Sueno, Tu Voto
My Dream, Your Vote
I tell people that even if you don't think race matters, language certainly does. Unless we do something, we're all going to have to learn Spanish. Then our children and grandchildren will have to learn Spanish. And when they do, I wonder if they'll learn English or will it be a dead language in this country by then.
Don't laugh and call me paranoid. It is not an impossibility. 50 years ago they would have laughed at the idea of a Black president, a woman president, and same sex marriage, but they have all come or may come true this year.
I do not endorse Donald Trump, nor do I trust him. However, as long as he is president our language will remain English. As to who will come after him - we'll just have to wait and see who that might be.
There is a possibility this program will fail. I know several legal Mestizo immigrants who do not support illegals in any way. They figure they waited their turn, let the illegals go back and wait theirs.